OCTOBER 17, 2017 | ASHLEY PHILLIPS, LEAD PRODUCT MANAGER FOR COMMERCE
We’ve got big news. Starting this week, you can use Venmo to shop on your phone at millions of U.S. retailers, almost everywhere you see the PayPal button. Now, Venmo’s ready for our favorite autumn to-do—holiday shopping. (Seriously, it’s never too early for presents. Or candy corn.) And it’s never been easier.
To take Venmo shopping, look for the invitation in the latest version of the Venmo app. After you’ve activated this new feature, browse on your phone, fill up your cart, tap the PayPal button on checkout, and choose Venmo to pay. You’ll receive notification of your purchase in the Venmo app, so you can share and split your purchases with friends.
Check out how easy shopping with Venmo can be:
Use Venmo to make purchases in apps and on the mobile web:
- Convenience built in: Keep your credit card in your wallet. Simply connect your Venmo account with a few taps and you’re ready to pay—on mobile web and in an app.
- Buy now, split later: Pay with Venmo and split your bill with just a few taps. Venmo remembers the the total cost and allows you to split it the next time you open the app.
- Share and discover: Share what you purchase and check out what your friends got. Got a surprise present for your friend? Payments will never post to the Venmo feed unless you say so.
- Keep it on track: Venmo keeps track of what you bought, when, and from where. You can also manage the apps and sites linked to your Venmo account; add or remove access at any time.
- Secure transactions: For your peace of mind, we use encryption technology to protect card and bank data and eligible purchases are covered by our authorized merchant payment protection plan. At this time, Venmo does not offer buyer or seller protection for P2P payments.
You asked for it. You got it. And we will continue to test, introduce and expand features that allow people to use Venmo to split, share, and pay in new ways.
For more information, visit our Help Center.