merchants need today.
Non-Government Resources for Businesses Affected by COVID-19
Disclosure: The programs listed below are not offered or endorsed by PayPal and are provided for informational purposes to assist you during this difficult time. Please visit the pages listed below for the most up to date information.
We’ll be updating this page with the latest non-government programs and resources being made available for small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
PayPal’s efforts to assist its business customers impacted by the coronavirus include:
- Business loans and cash advances: Customers can request to defer repayment, with no additional cost.
Please note for areas that have received Major Disaster Declaration by FEMA (regularly updated list found here): We have proactively suspended all PayPal Working Capital, PayPal Business Loan, and LoanBuilder repayments for the next 30 days. We will continue to monitor the situation and will notify you of any further actions we plan to take.
- Instant funds transfer: PayPal is waiving fees to instantly withdraw money from a PayPal business account to a bank account, Mastercard® Debit or Visa Debit card through June 30, 2020.1
For Selling Online
- Get a limited-time promotion when you start selling on Wish. All new merchants who sign up through their PayPal business account will get a reduced revenue share rate of 5% for the first 3 months of sales and $100 in ad credits. Get started here.2
- Get 3 months free of BigCommerce on all plans when you sign up as a new merchant here using your PayPal business account. Offer valid until December 31, 2020. Terms apply.3
For access to faster funds, we encourage you to look into other lending resources.
- Facebook is offering $100M in grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 global small businesses.
- U.S. Bank is offering a term loan between $5K and $250K with interest rates 2% lower than what a business would normally qualify for. They are also offering a line of credit in amounts $10K - $250K with interest rates 1% lower than normal.
- Kiva is offering 0% interest loans, expanding loan eligibility for more businesses in the US, increasing their maximum loan threshold from $10,000 to $15,000 and extending their grace period to up to 6 months for new borrowers. Apply here.
- Google has announced an $800 Million COVID-19 support package. This includes $610M in ad credits, ad grants, and Google Cloud credits. $200M will go toward an investment fund to support nonprofit organizations and Community Development Financial Institutions in their support of small business access to capital.
- Visa has announced a $210 Million commitment to support global small and micro businesses. This includes $10 Million to provide emergency relief to charitable organizations focused on COVID-19 related support, $60 Million in grants to NGOs supporting global small and micro businesses, and $140 Million to small micro business lenders.
For Payment Assistance
- The ABA, a leading bank trade association, has compiled a list of actions banks are taking to provide COVID-19 relief.
- Many banks have changed their policy around Small Business Lines of Credit – a vital resource small businesses may draw upon to meet their capital needs:
For Fulfillment Help
- For smaller eCommerce businesses, UPS eFulfillment is offering a 60-day risk-free trial. UPS eFulfillment is an outsourced fulfillment solution that connects to over 20 marketplaces and shopping carts. It can help you meet demand for fast delivery. Get details here.
1Transfers typically occur in minutes and vary by bank; debit card transfers may take up to 30 minutes. Eligible debit cards or bank accounts only. Limits and holds may apply.
2 Terms of Revenue Share bonus offer: This offer is available for new Wish merchants who sign up by clicking Get Started. Your Revenue Share rate will be 5% for your first three months. Your standard Revenue Share rate of 15% will apply beginning with month four. Subscriber can cancel at any time. Offer is valid for one-time use only. Offer not valid for prior purchases. Other restrictions may apply. PayPal is not a sponsor of and has no liability associated with this Offer.
3 With this offer, you will not be charged the monthly fee for the BigCommerce plan that you select for a period of three months from the date of activation (“Offer”). You must select either Standard, Plus or Pro plan to be eligible. Merchants who select a Plus or Pro plan are also eligible to receive a free theme template* from the BigCommerce Theme Marketplace. Qualifying merchants will be credited to their BigCommerce account 1-2 weeks after purchasing the promotional theme. Offer expires December 31, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m. Central Standard Time. Open only to those who have a PayPal business account in good standing. Within fifteen (15) days from the date of activation, you must complete the registration process, including providing valid credit card information (“Card On File”). IMPORTANT: After the end of the three month Offer period, you must cancel your account or the Card on File will be charged the standard monthly fee for the plan that you selected at the time of activation. If you cancel your account or do not complete registration, the online store you built will be deactivated and you will no longer be able to access the control panel.